Saturday, February 22, 2020

K Drama List Continue 3

Wah, another new year! 🥳 It seems that I stop watching K drama if it is based my not up to date K drama list. But I do still watching K drama as diligently as before. My life has changed drastically in this one year, down hill or not I can't tell right now. Whatever happen, my life is felt about right when I watch dramas. Ha, ha, ha. Oh I'm also adding my rating at the drama description. If you are curious about my sentiment about a drama though of course I had finished it till the last episodes somehow regardless the sentiment or viola the miracle 😇. So here it is the addition...


365 Repeat the Year
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 24 episodes
Genre: Thriller, Time travel
Rating: 4/5
Actors: Lee Joon-hyuk, Nam Ji-hyun
sPlotlight:
This is one of underrated dramas. It has good story telling, so the viewers are easy to follow the plot. Every episode brings new surprise. I forever to remember Lee Joon-hyuk as the ultimate fanboy! There’s no romance in this drama, but the male and female lead are the cutest when they are together. 


A Piece of Your Mind
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 12 episodes
Genre: Melodrama, AI
Rating: 3.5/5
Actors: Jung Hae-in, Chae Soo-bin
sPlotlight:
If people ask what a healing drama supposed to be like this drama is what comes in my mind. I love the quirky characters, the beautiful and moody scenes, annnnddd… the pace until they butchered it up ☹ make it faster for the sake of the rating. The sad world we live in.


Alice
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Sci-fi, time travel, parallel universe
Rating: 1/5
Actors: Joo-won, Kim Hee-sun, Kwak Si-yang
sPlotlight:
I meant to reserve my 1/5 rating here or Goodread for drama/book that I can’t bring my self to finish it or I can’t even start to watch/read it. But Alice’s kind of bad whathefuckery reaches a new level in my years of history of drama watching. It is even worst than Gong Yoo’s Big or, if you are old enough, Lovers in Paris' kind of bad. If Alice started at mediocre level or had a mediocre cast, I would just let it slide. But….. It started strong, had high potential for good story line, and had great cast. Then the writer just lose it for his/her Oedipus complex/mother fixation or whatever. I meant how could you replace a pure love as parental love to your obsession on icky romance with no body comfortable with. Dear K drama God let the writer take bath in sea of knives of the underworld. Don’t let him write again until he’s seeing some therapist! I rest my case here, shall I never mention this drama again in whatever timeline/universe I am in. Let it vanish with no body remember it.


Crash Landing on You
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Romance Comedy
Rating: 3.5/5
Writer: Park Ji-eun
Actor: Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin
sPlotlight:
Nonsensical plot, if there is any plot at all, there are just fanservice here and fanservice there. But it is really fun to watch. And always love Hyun Bin oppaa with all my capitalist hearts :D


Diary of a Prosecutor
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Office, Slice of Life
Rating: 3/5
Actor: Lee Sung-kyun, Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Sung-jae
sPlotlight:
This is so lukewarm but I like it. I didn’t feel the urge to watch it as soon as its weekly episodes arrived, but I enjoyed watching them every time. I think the writer tried to picture a prosecutor as human being, with their biases and all, she/he had done it right, though not gather much approval from many viewers. Maybe they still want their prosecutors to be some kind of hero, like a superman or batvampireman. :D  I like its very mundane jokes ha, ha, ha


Extracellular
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2019
Episode: 10 episodes
Genre: School, Coming-Of-Age
Rating: 4/5
Actors: Kim Dong-hee, Park Joo-hyun, Jung Da-bin, Nam Yoon-soo
sPlotlight:
The struggle is real, this is how the pain of growing up should be portrayed. I want to give the male lead, money for his tuition fee so he can go to school and study peacefully. He just wants to go to school and study, goddammed it! School should be free for everyone who wants to study and loves to study. It should not be monopolized for the rich and …. the smart 😎


Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2019
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Sageuk, Romance
Rating: 3/5
Actors: Kim Min-jae, Gong Seung-yeon
sPlotlight:
Wah I watch many sageuk dramas in 2019. Besides I like Kim Min-jae’s character (I think his acting is spot on), I guess to have a sageuk drama with a male lead who isn’t a king, a prince, a scholar, a soldier, some yangban merchant or something is entertaining. He is a matchmaker! No, a male matchmaker! Aha


Kingdom season 1
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2019
Episode: 6 episodes
Genre: Sageuk, Zombie
Rating: 5/5
Actors: Bae Doona, Joo Ji-hoon
sPlotlight:
I think the writer got an idea to write this drama after zombie’s massive attack rounds the year of 2015 – 2016 (Train to Busan, Rampant, Walking Dead etc). This drama is so well produce. Not just how well written the characters are (I love the prince!), but the mysteries behind the zombie apocalypse in land of Joseon, it is a disease not some supernatural! Hah! And the cliffhanger…. There’s rumor about Joon Ji-hyun’s involvement in season 3, nooooo I want my Bae Doona until season 3.


Kingdom season 2
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 6 episodes
Genre: Sageuk, Zombie
Rating: 5/5
Actors: Bae Doona, Joo Ji-hoon
sPlotlight:
I LOVE how even it has moved forward to season 2 it is not losing its pacing. LOVE EEET! Still intriguing, still so much mystery. Zombeee never die!!


Memorist
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Police procedural, Fantasy
Rating: 3/5
Actors: Yoo Seung-Ho, Lee Se-Young 
sPlotlight:
This has one bad directional work. I suppose it has a good story (well I can only guess), but the directional work is so bad, every episode is so confusing. I always felt like I was missing something. I pray someday Yoo Seung-hoo is blessed with some tight written, good scripted, well directed drama even for once!


Money Game
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Office politics, Procedural
Rating: 3/5
Actors: Go Soo, Teo Yoo, Shim Eun-kyung, Lee Sung-min
sPlotlight:
I think Teo Yoo steals the thunder from everyone in this drama. He is not even one of the main leads. How come he doesn’t, he makes his character to become such an honest jerk with some vulnerability which we can’t seem to hate but love instead.


My Holo Love 
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 12 episodes
Genre: Romanance comedy, AI
Rating: 4/5
Actors: Yoon Hyun-mi, Ko Sung-Hee
sPlotlight:
I think AI must be created as a new genre for K drama. Modern life can become so lonely sometime, AI can be the one of the ways out, at least in the form of drama. The better the AI, the more we, the viewer, want the AI from the drama to become reality. I don’t know whom to choose the real Yoon Hyu-min or the AI Yoon Hyu-min. The biggest world problem. 


My Unfamiliar Family
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Family drama, Friend-to-lover romance
Rating: 4/5
Actors: Han Ye-ri, Kim Ji-seok, Chu Ja-hyun, Jung Jin-young, Won Mi-kyung, Shin Jae-ha
sPlotlight:
Parents acting like parent, daughters acting like daughter, youngest child of the family acting like youngest child of the family, sister acting like sister. Great drama assembles, well-acted from all the actors. Watching Eun-hee (Han Yeri) and Chan-hyuk (Kim Ji-seok) evolving relationship is like watching two people dancing a couple dance, so beautiful. Friend-to-lover romance always be my favorite, left me a tint of sweet sadness every time because…… It represents everything that I couldn’t have?? LOL


Oh My Baby
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Romance comedy 
Rating: 3.5/5
Actors: Jang Nara, Go Jun, Park Byung-eunJung Gun-joo
sPlotlight:
Why not adopting?? 1000 x 


Sweet Munchies
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 12 episodes
Genre: Romance comedy
Rating: 3.5/5
Actors: Jung Il-woo, Kang Ji-young, Lee Hak-joo
sPlotlight:
I guess SK is still not welcoming the idea of LGBT from looking at the drama rating. They handled the gay issue not so well (a lot of stereotype). But I found the love triangle refreshing.


The Secret Life of My Secretary
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2019
Episode: 32 episodes
Genre: Romance comedy
Rating: 3.5/5
Actors: Kim Young-Kwang, Jin Ki-Joo, Kim Jae-kyung, Koo Ja-sung
sPlotlight:
Watching this, is like watching male runaway fashion show. The main characters are all tall, lean, and well dressed, such a pleasure to my eyes. Victoria Park said: AAAAAWESOOOME


The World of Married Couple
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Makjang drama, Remake 
Source: Doctor Foster by Mike Bartlett
Rating: 5/5
Actors: Kim Hee-ae, Park Hae-jun, Han So-hee
sPlotlight: 
I just realize my undying love for makjang genre through this drama. This is a hell good one. There’re so many dramas about extra marital affair, it is the champ. Even my friends who don’t like K dramas, are watching this drama and getting emotional over it. LOL. My favorite is the fact that every character in this drama has flaws. Everyone in this drama makes me wanting to pull some hair. Even the female lead who everyone praises as ‘queen of behavior', I want to shake her so badly just to put some sense into her. All their action is some sort reaction for bad thing that they have already done. Why not doing some prevention?? So no body got my sympathy. Ha, ha, ha. And Lee Tae-oh becomes the biggest loser bastard husband in K drama land. All hail to him. 


Queen: Love and War

Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode: 16 episodes
Genre: Romance, Sageuk
Rating: 3.5/5
Actor: Jin Se-yeon, Kim Min-kyu
sPlotlight:
Where’s the queen? Where’s the war? Writer-nim??
What I’m going to miss from this drama is the king, so tender and loving. Some people don’t like the female lead because she needs the king to save her every time. But some dramas aren’t written so we can relate, they are written to be mistaken (Www: Search) LOL If I have one (the king) in my real life, I will do complain (How dare he gone missing every time I need him wkzz) but I don't have any so... I will just shut my mouth and enjoy the drama :)


When My Love Blooms
Country: South Korea
Released year: 2020
Episode:16 episodes
Genre: Melodrama, Romance 
Rating: 2/5
Actors: Lee Bo-young, Yoo Ji-tae
sPlotlight:
This drama makes me wanting to take back my hours watching it. The male lead is stalkerish and selfish. Lee Bo-young is bad in romance. Period. She always seems so cold, distant, acting like standoff fish. She should learn from Hyun Bin in how to make her acting believable as a part in couple in love. It is from the eyes, looks how Hyun bin’s eyes shines every time he looks at his female lead as his couple in love. 😍 Romance in my book is better when hot and passionate. Ha, ha, ha

We start from here 12 then 45

No comments: